I cannot….let me repeat…I cannot believe that Shelby is a year old today. I honestly feel like we were just having her baby-blessing party. All 60+ of you who came, I am sure you feel the same.
Today was Shelby’s 1st Birthday. What a year it has been for our little peanut. She is so energetic, cute, smiley and goofy. Definitely fits in PERFECTLY with our family. Here’s all about our little bruiser.
Shelby was born early on June 17th via c-section. Due to the catastrophic damage Morgan caused on my lower extremities due to her enormous size, I had to have a c-section with any future babies.
Shelby lived up to her expectations, though I always thought she’d break 10 pounds, she came into the world with a wet, drowning scream weighing 9lbs 8ozs.
Looking back, from the beginning Shelby never ever ever ever liked to be cuddled. Morgan would always nestle in the crick of your neck and just snooze. But Shelby seriously wanted nothing to do with that. So, my only bonding time with her was nursing.
As Shelby grew, I began to notice her unfortunate, amazing sense of sound. This kid would wake up with ANY noise that went on. Especially Morgan’s crying. She has somewhat grown out of that, but if you catch her during nap time she will wake up screaming and will.not.fall.back.asleep.
Shelby is definitely the “middle monkey”. No, I’m not pregnant. But, if I do get blessed with a third, this saying will fit perfectly. Shelby is into EVERYTHING. She is truly our little monkey.
And just today she got up on Morgan’s bed all by herself!
I can already tell these two will be trouble and I’m pretty sure Shelby will be the root cause of it.
Shelby really is a fun little kid. Here are some of her milestones and likeable things:
- Can now walk 8 steps unassisted.
- Crawls like a monster and loves going up stairs.
- Loves the swing outside and will shout/grunt until she has her turn.
- Loves to eat – especially cheese (go figure).
- Is weaned from nursing and bottles.
- Can stack the rainbow rings in the peg.
- Puts the cookies in the cookie jar.
- Love books, especially interactive ones.
- Refuses to wear a bib when she gets “bored” with eating. She will continuously tear it off.
- Seriously the messiest eater I’ve ever seen.
- Weighs about 23lbs and is super tall.
- Loves Daddy the most when he’s home.
- Love to keep up with Morgan.
- Obsessed with bath-time.
- Can wave bye-bye, blow you a kiss, clap her hands, and go nun-night when you ask her to on a pillow (pretend).
Shelby is so great and we love her to pieces. Thank you for picking us Shelby We love you!
1 comment:
Happy Happy Birthday, Shelby!!
Post a Comment