Sunday, January 17, 2010

Teething 2010

Up until this point, you would have never had known that Morgan has gone through any motions of teething, whatsoever.  Basically, we wake up one morning and POOF – there is a new tooth.  Simple as that….

Until today…..

Morgan usually has rough Sundays, however, when she awoke at 3:30am SCREAMING/CRYING….I thought it was a bit unusual.  I actually just shook it off as a nightmare as she went right back to sleep.

Sundays are tough because the chance of a morning nap, if needed, is usually obsolete due to church.  Thus, we highly depend on the afternoon nap.  Well, throughout church this morning Morgan was very odd.  Clinging, sassy, just not happy no matter what….odd.

When we got home, even after her nap, it was tough.  I decided a nice bath followed by an early bedtime would work, as it usually is the key to success at our house.  As I was giving her a bath, I took the opportunity to check her teeth out with my finger. 

Ohhhh my…..um, Greg!? 

She has the slightest bit of a molar on her right side poking through.  She skipped the eye-tooth on that side and went straight for a molar!  Ouch!  This explains our ENTIRE DAY now….

Bedtime was the cap of Teething 2010.  We started early and she cried…cried…cried.  I gave her Tylenol but will now give her Motrin for teeth.  Boy did she cry….and she never cries at home prior to bedtime. 

Dang you teeth – bicuspids, molars – curses to you!

No comments: