Friday, September 30, 2011

Stats

Today I took the girls to their most recent checkups.  Morgan’s 3 year and Shelby’s 15 month.  It was a nightmare, we waited 40 minutes just to be seen and Shelby cried hysterically the instant the doctor walked into the room.  But, each girl got a clean bill of health, vaccines and suckers.  Life was suddenly okay for them.  Here is what they are up to nowadays.

Miss Morgan
weight: 34lbs = 79%
height:  39.5inches = 93%

Morgan was born our snuggler and continues to be just that.  As she has grown into a more vocal self, she loves to tell people how much she loves them, misses them and is extremely polite.  She actually says please and thank you more than I do.  Guess I should work on myself, lol.

Morgan is long and lean which allows her to dominate almost any playground she plays on.  She loves the rock wall, the tallest of slides and the most intricate spiral things she can climb up.  Thank goodness for those legs!

While a sweet little thing at best, she also enjoys torturing her sister at times.  Thank goodness for time-outs as they work for her amazingly.  When she isn’t found bossing Shelby around at playtime, she is usually nurturing her like she is her own.  The other night she say, “goodnight sweetheart, I love you.”  And she always has to hug Shelby goodnight.  She makes us so proud.

Her emotions still run high, just like they always have.  We are working on controlling her self-inflicted crying fits for no reason. Like today…"Where is my daddy…” For about 15 minutes.  Oye.

All in all she is a wonderful kid.  I tell her every night that she is my best friend because really, she is.  She loves me no matter what quarrels we may have, will always share a candy, sweet or ice cream with me and always listens when I’m sad.

We love you Morgan Jo.  You are an amazing big sister and daughter.
LR-x-5216

Shelby Jane
weight: 23.8lbs = 58%
height:  32.5inches = 94%

Miss Shelby Jane has been our monkey child from day one.  Never wanting to snuggle, only wanting to go go go.  I can probably count on one hand the amount of times this child has sat on my lap for longer than 5 minutes since she became mobile.  Even when she was throwing up on me she wanted to get down and play.  And this is why we call her bruiser.

Shelby has gotten into more things than Morgan ever did as I child.  She split her lip open with her own teeth, she has fallen down the concrete stairs, she chewed on her crib, she got her head stuck under the kitchen table.  Unfortunately the list is going to keep going.  But, we love her spontaneity I suppose!

I really love having Shelby around because she is always smiling.  Not matter what she is smiling. She has even learned how to say CHEESE when I take a picture.  I love it.  She brings a new level of joy to her house that wasn’t present before.

As she continues to get older, Shelby is learning how to get my attention if she is being harassed by Morgan.  She screams….at the top of her lungs.  She is funny, but loud.  I come running and then proceed to ask Morgan what she did.  Morgan will tell me and then walks to timeout.  Hilarious.

We do love our sweet little Shelby.  She amazes me every day and I am so proud to say I can stay home with them every day to learn more about them.  Thank you for giving me this opportunity, GregSmile 

Shelby (15mo)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love the stories you share to paint their personalities. It was fun to read!

Cynthia

bonnie said...

you have some great girls and we love to have them in our family for cousins.