Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To the beat of my drum.

It is no secret that I like things to have a rhythm. I choose kids books mainly if they are rhyming books. I love music and have always wished to be a professional musician. And like most things, I love a daily routine. Predictability is what allows me to survive and obviously, throwing a newborn into our daily routine completely changed that.

Two weeks ago I hit rock bottom. Exhaustion, no routine, and half the time no Greg. It was horrible. Finally…and I say finally as 9 weeks is a long time to wait for me…Finally there is a routine on the horizon.

I must say over and over, the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child is amazing. It totally understands moms who are confused and need a light at the end of the tunnel regarding their kids sleep habits. Just as predicted, this week, Brooke has developed an earlier bedtime. AMEN.

So now, this little pumpkin has established a morning nap between 9:00 and 9:30am and now, a bedtime that happens sometime between 7:00pm and 8:00pm.  Plus, she plays now! It is wonderful.

Thank you Lord for answering my prayers so this momma can get back to her predictable lifestyleSmile

And for your enjoyment, some pictures…

A little bit of smiling (9wks).Brooke smile 9wks 2

A little bit of snoozin…This girl is so precious.Brooke carseat 9wks

And a lot of mischief…Shelby Table (23mo)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing your photos and hearing about your days(and nights) makes me feel part of your busy but happy family. You are awesome. great Grandma Hood

Amber Patten said...

love it! So glad you are getting a routine. Way to go mom! The pics are super cute too.