Sunday, August 12, 2012

Conversations with the Husband.

During dinner tonight, I was talking to Greg about our Anniversary (September 21).

Me: Honey, you know where I really want to go out to eat for Anniversary?

Greg: To Vegas?

Me: NO….to Flattop Grill!

Greg: Oh…man, the 21st huh, that’s comin up fast!

Me:…..seriously?

Greg: Why don’t you have it on the calendar?

Me: Greg, that’s August.

Greg:……oh….

After dinner, on our nightly family walk.

Me: “Greg, do you think I’m better than I was two months ago?”

Greg: “What do you mean, you mean your not a raging lunatic?”

Me: “That’s not nice, but yes, you think I’m less crazy than I was.”

He laughs at me….

Me: “Please do dredge this up in five or six years from now….going from two to three kids was like going from to hell and back, it was hard!”

He laughs again…and finishes with, “That would make a great book title.”

And so I shall say, for all the moms out there, I can pretty much tell you that for me, from 10wks PPD to the 4 month mark, life was seriously nuts. Nothing was normal, everything sucked, and it was H.A.R.D. being a mom of three little ones.

Now its better. But for all the moms out there who can openly admit when times get tough, give me a call anytime, I can 100% relate for sure.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I totally agree. The jump from 2 to 3 kids is killer. But you made it through! And I hope you have a good anniversary next month!!

Kate said...

I am SO happy to hear this. Just this weekend I was thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. Sending my continued thoughts and prayers. xoxo

Lady Vee said...

OH wow, i have always heard its tough from 1 to 2 kids, kids I am at 2...maybe no third? lol

Lindsey said...

I'm scared to have 3 kids because it was way hard for me going from 1 to 2. That's why I want to take a 5 year break now! I know you are an awesome mommy and those little girls are so lucky Morgan looks so old in those pictures by the way.