Thursday, October 22, 2009

Triple Paste My Butt….

Last week, Morgan came down with awful diaper rash, which turned into a yeast infection on her buttocks, which then caused her to get the Hand, Foot and Mouth virus.  What a mess it was.  Of course…..I ran out of my favorite Triple Butt Paste thus making me go to Walgreens and get some.

While at Walgreens, I found the container….

Triple Paste Medicated Ointment for Diaper Rash

for the expected $34.99.  I had purchased it there before and was planning on paying that much.  That jar lasts us one year, so it is okay.

Well, then next day, I saw a $2.00 off coupon in the Target ad.  So, Morgan and I went to buy a second one for the sitter/diaper bag.  Much to my surprise….IT WAS ONLY $15.99!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO mad – and as I completed my FSA tonight, still extremely angered, I decided to call Walgreens.  That’s right….call…the store.

Here is how it went down:

Me: Hi, can I talk to a manager.
Them: Sure….(manager now on the phone – young chica).
Her: What can I help you with?
Me: Well, I just wanted you to know that I purchased this Butt Paste at your store last week and it was almost $20.00 less at Target!  I think this is disgusting and completely wrong.
Her: Wow….that is bad.  Um, unfortunately, Corporate Headquarters makes the prices, so we have nothing to do with it.  But that really sucks though.
Me: (crickets….I should have seen that coming).  Oh, well, I hope you know I won’t buy it there again.  Goodbye.

Not really what I wanted to come of all this, but I felt better….and so did Morgan:)

No comments: