Saturday, February 26, 2011

Look, I’m a BUTTERFLY!

Today, my sister and I took the girls to Zoo Class at the Milwaukee County Zoo.  It was so much fun – really it was. 

There was SO much for Morgan to do.  She got to…

  • decorated an enormous ladybug paper
  • made our own bug
  • stamped with some bug stamps
  • dug in the dirt for bugs
  • threw bug-bags
  • crawled through an anthill
  • played with bug puzzles
  • sang a bug song

After we did all of the fun bug activities, our zookeeper brought around some bugs.  There was a butterfly, some grashoppers and then the big one.

It’s a Madagascar Cockroach, and I’m not gonna lie, as she brought it out I said to myself, “EEWW”.  But then I knew it was important to stay strong…for Morgan’s sake.  So, they approached us with the bug and offered us to touch it.  Morgan said no right away.  I said, “Here, watch Mommy do it.”  And I TOUCHED IT!  AH!  It didn’t do anything, just kinda wiggled.  My bravery must have paid off because Morgan touched it!  Let us hope that she isn’t this accepting of peer pressure in the future.  Lol.

To finish up the class, Morgan made a butterfly costume.  It was so much fun (oh and there were butterfly crackers for a snack too!).

It was so much fun.  Thanks for going Pam and KendraSmile
Morgan Butterfly (2yr)Morgan Butterfly 2 (2yr)

1 comment:

Jalissa Booth said...

What a cutie! That sounds like it was a really jam packed time.