Travel back one year….
Shelby was 10 days old and Greg had to go back to work. The most RANDOM machine (a ditcher) was in town and the guy who had to run it was not there for some reason. Greg had to run it from 6am-6pm each night, and he then had to drive home. For my first week alone with the girls he was gone. I really blame that for my serious breakdown(s) I had along the way the first week.
Fast forward now to this week…
My first week in Missouri with the girls and where was Greg? Work. You got it. Of the seven days here is when he worked (all moms please note the time):
M - 6-6pm
T – 6-7pm
W – 6-3pm
Th – 6-7pm
F – 6 – …didn’t come home
S – still gone…got home at midnight
Su – 9am – 6pm.
Okay seriously? By Sunday I was ready to have us move back…but then I realized that was virtually impossible and today, he got home at a normal time. So, I guess we’ll stay a little longer
I must say, one plus side to this was I was never so excited to go to church in my life! Really! I was so excited to get there, we even were in the pew 10 minutes early!
The girls seriously were dying for some social interaction. I could tell because Morgan went into nursery – with all strangers mind you – without a peep. And Shelby kept walking around Sunday School and being friendly to EVERYONE. It was hilarious.
Hopefully, we’ll see more of Greg this week. I pray we do!!
1 comment:
Hang in there. Sounds like Morgan need to make some new friends to call on her cell phone ; )
Post a Comment