Thursday, April 17, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I’ve been having a really interesting reminiscing time these past few weeks. Perhaps its because I will never change my own kids’ diapers again, nor have to nurse a baby in the middle of the night and rock them back to sleep. That part actually isn’t that bad. Or perhaps lately whenever Brooke wears pigtails I see SO MUCH of Morgan at that age. I wanted to do a Throwback Thursday edition just to prove what I’m talking about.

So here’s Brooke now…
Brooke bday19

And here’s Morgan at the same age.

Morgan Tree (2) 2

It’s Kinnnnddda creepy the similarities. Oh my how they grow up so fast. At the same time I feel there is a void with Shelby as I don’t remember a lot of her at this age because we were moving and such. It’s okay though, I do have pictures.

Easter is coming up this weekend and I cannot help but look back at our Easter pictures from the past few years.

2009
Patten Family Easter 09 (6mo)

2010 (prego with Shelby)
Family Pic

2011 (so sad, Greg was in Farmington and Shelby…where are you?)Morgan and Mommy Easter 2011

2012
Daddy and Brooke (9days)Brooke Easter Morning 2Girls Easter Egg Hunt (21mo, 3yr)

We didn’t go to Church this Easter because Brooke was 8 days old. It was a fine time, we had a nice morning and I was too post-baby-fat to be in a pictures. Lol.

And this is last year… Brooke’s birthday fell the Day Before Easter, so my parents and Greg’s Sister/BIL/Kids came down to celebrate. It was a two day ordeal of fun! (See I am in pictures sometimes).

Brooke 1st Birthday 5Brooke easter basket 2013Easter morning 4

And that’s the end of the Throwback weekend. Time is sure flying as I can still remember each Easter Egg Hunt the girls ever had, yet I do not know how they have grown up so much. Sure do love them. I am grateful for our Savior..for his Atonement, and for eternal families so I know I will always be with them even when our time here on earth ends.

Happy Easter everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi to all the Pattens. We sure loved the photos! You take such great pictures of your family. They are so good and they bring back a lot of memories for me, thinking about when our children were small and so much fun. The time really goes by fast. They used to take turns hiding the real boiled eggs once they had found them all the first time. One year when we were decorating for Christmas we found an egg that had stayed hidden since Easter. You can be sure nobody ate it. Thanks for the email blog visit. Love Grandma Hood