From birth, Brooke has been different than the rest of the kids. One of the major differences about her is her illnesses. While she’s only gotten the stomach bug once, and a full-on cold probably 3 times, she has had roughly a dozen ear infections since she turned 6months old. Sometimes they are one ear, sometimes both. Usually it was at the end of a virus, and the bacteria would settle in the fluid and just destroy her.
Fast forward to her two year check-up about 4 weeks ago and you’ll have this situation. Doctor says she has another ear infection, even though she just had one, but this time it is the other ear. Great. Time to see an ENT because in addition to her crazy infections, she does not talk really. ENT (who was amazing) said she has a lot of fluid in her ears and that she is more or less listening under water. Sad.
Welcome to today! I woke up at 5:00am to get ready for a busy morning. Brooke and I went to our local hospital to get her some tubes!
She was quite excited to be there:
And she wasn’t really mad at all in the cute outfit they gave her…
But when they put on the medical bracelet (on her ankle) that was the end of it. I wore my Mickey shirt to distract her. It worked for a little bit
I don’t have any more pictures of us there because she was pretty upset. The nurse took her out of my arms HYSTERICALLY screaming. However, she told me that she was great. She immediately calmed down, she did exactly what they said and stared into the eyes of the anesthesiologist before going to sleep. So cute.
When I picked her up, it was bad. Although she was already awake she was REALLY mad. Which honestly is normal for her. But moving forward, I can say that I hope this brings new life to her. I’m sure her hearing wasn’t the best and she was really struggling with sensitivity and pressure. Hopefully never again. Love you Brooke.
1 comment:
Hi everyone: Sorry our Brooke has not been feeling well. We have had several grandchildren or great grandchildren have to have tubes in their ears. No fun but it has really helped. She is such a cutie. We hope she is doing much better now. We love you all. BIG HUGS. Grandma Hood
Post a Comment