Many of you may have viewed my FB status a few weeks back regarding a HORRIBLE experience I had with the Geek Squad. Here is the full story, just in case you were interested. I just filled out my survey for them and I pulled this directly from it.
---------------------------------------------------------
I have been using the Geek Squad since 2007. I purchased the most expensive Black Tie package in 2007 to insure that if anything major ever happened to my HP Pavilion laptop that I could get it fixed right, and in a timely manner. However, my most recent experience has 100% changed my perspective on the Geek Squad.
Here is what happened. On a Friday morning, I brought my laptop in for a service issue. The machine was booting up a bit slow - but other than that everything was working perfectly fine. After a 10-minute promise, 45 minutes later the worker told me he was going to keep my machine over night but "was not going to check it in."
The next morning (Saturday), I called and was told it was still not fixed. Later that afternoon, I received a call that the machine was better and up and running. When I went to pick up the machine, I asked what was wrong with it and the worker said, "We don't really know...one of our techy guys fiddled with it and it is better now." Umm...okay.
That Saturday evening at approximately 9:00pm, I started my computer up only to notice it was still running a bit slower, but not as bad. "Oh well", I thought to myself. When I went to connect to the Internet, I noticed I had a connection but could not bring up any web pages. Then, all of a sudden, the Windows Virus Protection center pops up and states I have no antivirus coverage. I checked, and sure enough, my Best Buy installed Trend Micro Antivirus had indeed been uninstalled. I immediately called the Geek Squad, only for them to inform me of the following:
I am sorry ma’am; your laptop seems to have a ScareWare Virus. You need to turn it off immediately and take out the battery pack. You'll have to take it back tomorrow.
That is how I went to sleep that night - so upset at the horrible service the first time and knowing that the next morning I had to go through it again!
On Sunday morning, I called the Geek Squad right when they opened. I asked to speak with the manager. He was polite, aside from the fact he tried to tell me that if the agent did in fact uninstall my antivirus, he for sure would have reinstalled it. I was offended, but just let it be. I told him I'd be there at noon. When I arrived, he worked with me, checked the laptop in, and said he'd fix it.
That Sunday afternoon, I called and found out that it was not finished.
That Monday morning I called again and found out it was not finished.
That Monday afternoon, I finally received a call saying it was finished. I picked up my laptop and was on my way (right after I made him test it for me to make sure it all worked properly).
I must say, I wish I would have never brought my laptop in at all. I think quite highly of the Geek Squad, never really having a bad experience. However, this experience was one for the books. I cannot believe that this is the kind of service I get for the most expensive service package I could purchase.
Thank you for your time.
No comments:
Post a Comment