Monday, April 11, 2011

A week that will be forgotten.

I try to tell myself that this past week won’t be forgotten…when in fact, I know it will.  Even though I am super stressed at the moment, I am trying not to complain too much about it.  And, like all things, with time I will forget about all that has happened this past week. 

However, the reality just BITES me sometimes.  I mean, between the house, kids, relocating, mess, realtors, making the house look “pretty”, inspector reports (and trying not to take them personally), the yard…I get a bit overwhelmed.  When I have to start changing light bulbs on my own, I get a bit sad.  But then I think that there are some women who always have to change them on their own so I should just SUCK IT UP right?

The good news is, we had a spout of fresh air/sunshine sweep through our backyard last week, which finally got the girls outside and the front door open.

This was the first time Shelby got to visit the front door.  Like a good sister, Morgan found a bug for her.Morgan (2) Shelby (9mo) front door

We also got a new pet!…..Just kidding – it’s just Shelby.  She likes to eat the food she dropped during dinner (don’t get me started on that one) when she’s all done.
Shelby eating Food off floor (9mo)

And of course, a smile is put on my face when I see Shelby’s new trick.

Shelby Tinkerbell (9mo)

So that’s it.  Putting my best foot forward.  I vow to remove from my plate, at this moment, all of the things that frustrate me:

  • My laptop breaking due to the Best Buy guy who claimed he fixed it.
  • My settings on my laptop now all jacked up and I don’t have the time to do it.
  • Wishing I had our new insurance cards so I could take my kids to the doctor if need be.
  • Wanting to lose weight, but lets face it, I am lucky I get 7hrs of sleep at night.
  • Feeling anxious on the sale of our home.
  • Being mad at the inspector who found a “step crack” in the foundation that could cause potential “moisture intrusion”.  Seriously?  I see NOTHING!
  • Hating the fact that no matter what I do, the market decides the appraisal of my house.
  • Wishing I had someone to fold my laundry, cook my food and clean my house (but reality is I don’t want anyone doing that stuff for me…haha)
  • Wondering how we’ll make friends in our new town.
  • Wondering if the girls will be good for my parents this weekend.
  • Looking around the house and seeing what needs to be done.
  • Organizing paperwork.
  • Organizing all the crap we own.
  • Organizing our life so we can get a new loan for a home.
  • Trying to express to Greg my frustrations without him feeling guilty for not being able to help out.
  • Wishing this process would go faster, yet a lot slower so I could breathe and enjoy my last few months here in Wisconsin (I think I’m still in shock).

There you go.  I free myselfSmile

3 comments:

Becky Pearson said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with so much right now! Wishing you the best, things will work out. Where are you moving to?

DeAnn said...

I feel your pain having done this way too many times. The thing I hope for you most is to love your new home.

Kate said...

I can SO relate to the wanting someone to come cook, clean, do laundry, etc. but really I don't want anyone else doing those things! That's ME!!

Hang in there Sarah, you guys have alot going on right now. Wishing you all the best with the sale of the house and the preparation for the move. We're trying to sell some real estate right now and I know exactly how stressful that can be!