Spend your entire day with nothing but a 3-year-old and an 18-month-old and you will certainly learn the many various ways to communicate with them.
Morgan has always been a quiet and not as 100% articulate talker. She talked later than Shelby did in her life, though she always understood everything we would ask her. Recently, she has been saying the funniest things – which obviously she has heard me say. Some I am proud of, and some I am not. You will see:
- Shelby…Jane…Patten…..That’s Not Nice!
- Sorry sweetheart, it is time to go nun-night.
- Mom, your not the boss around here.
- Stop yelling at me Greg, you’re not the boss!
- Mom quick! Shelby needs a tissue!
- No Shelby, I don’t want to hear it anymore.
Shelby is quite the chatterbox nowadays. Granted, you have to have on your special Decoder Ears to make out exactly what she is saying to you. However, this little smartie really knows what’s cookin. Literally – she comes in the kitchen and says Lunch when she is ready to have her next meal and Snack when she is hungry and Drink when she needs her sippy cup. It is hilarious.
The conversations between Morgan and Shelby, however, take the cake for sure. Half the time I have no clue what they are saying. And the other half of the time Morgan talks to Shelby just like she is her little personal doll and Shelby just nods her head and says, “Uh-huh.”
This morning, I was doing Morgan’s hair in the living room and Morgan asked Shelby to “please go get me a tissue.” I didn’t think much of it as I was concentrating; until I heard Shelby calling Mom….MOmmmmm!!!! for me from Morgan’s room.
She had pushed the chair over to the dresser so she could climb up on it and reach a tissue for Morgan (note the tissue in her hand). She wasn’t going anywhere so I quickly grabbed my camera. I love documenting this stuff because like I said in the beginning, this girl is gonna be trouble
2 comments:
Your children crack me up. Thanks for the entertainment!
Shelby is just like Greg was so you can blame it all on him, sorry sister.
Post a Comment