Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pregnancy #3

This post is going to be odd. Just warning you.

When I first became pregnant with Morgan, I remember my doctor telling me that all pregnancies are different and that I should always remember that.

As my pregnancy with Shelby progressed, I swore she was a boy. Horrible hot flashes, odd cravings, exhaustion. Even when Shelby arrived, I remember looking at Greg and saying, “You’re kidding right?” as I was 100% positive it was a boy.

With this third and final pregnancy, I must say that it is 100% different than the others…once again. First, I have gotten sick a total of 7 times so far. By sick I mean vomit, diarrhea, sinus, cough, cold, fever…you name it I’ve had it. Partly because I have two kids who were in nursery (Morgan is now a proud Sunbeam), otherwise I think this baby is just taking a lot out of me. Another difference is I sleep great with this kid in me. Sure, my hips kill every time I have to roll or pee; but other than that I get my required zzz’s each night.

People have constantly been asking me the following:

  • How much longer do you have? 16 weeks thank you
  • Do you know what you are having? Nope.
  • I bet you want a boy don’t you since you have two girls? Not really…

And why do I say not really to the boy question? I will tell you this. Since the beginning of this pregnancy, I have been reminded by friends experiences’ and media outlets how precious life really is. Kids come out sick, alone….some kids who are a few years old get stolen or abused….and some moms do not survive to see their first born child enter the world. And for me, that is why I say, I do not care whether it is a boy or a girl. It is a precious gift to us. And if that means a little healthy girl or boy in heaven chose our family to come down and live with, then we are honored to have him/her.

So, please remember as you see others with their families – it is not about what the sex of the baby is..it is important to know that they are precious, beautiful, unique in their own way. We do not know what their future holds, all we know is that we are blessed with their presence and for that, we are grateful.

Thank youSmile

4 comments:

Kate said...

I couldn't agree with you more! The sex of the baby takes nothing away from the blessing that is a baby. Amen!

Moni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moni said...

AMEN!! Sarah I could not have said it any better ~ We are truly blessed with our children's presence. Our children are also given to us with unique gifts and personalities. I pray that you will continue to embrace their unique personalities and gifts as they are revealed through their growing years. As parents sometimes we may want to sway our children instead of realizing that God has provided them with a special plan which is uniquely their own.

Becky said...

It's funny how people think THEY KNOW. Since I have a girl AND a boy I am constantly told how nice it is that I'm DONE having kids. As if it's up to them. No matter what gender your little bundle of joy is, they will be perfect for you and you for them.