Brooke is changing, quicker than I expected, but slower than I wanted. I’m not going to lie, I’m tired. I just need one night…just one…of sleeping from 10-7. But alas, much like my other two kids (Morgan, 6mo and Shelby, 4mo) Brooke has yet to sleep all night long for me. I keep telling myself this is the last time I will go through this, so it seems to help. But still, this lack of sleep thing is making my eyes go goofy – literally.
Not sure if my blog-readers remember about 18months ago when I was diagnosed with Superior Oblique Brown Syndrome. Basically, the superior oblique tendon (on the top part of your eye socket) gets inflamed and restricts the eye from moving freely with the other eye. This results in double vision. And let me tell you…it’s weird.
Some mornings I wake up and I have to act like a pirate until I take some Ibuprofen and try to stretch the tendon out. Its just like a stiff leg tendon, except its in my eye. Again, super annoying as you can imagine.
Anyway, Brooke’s becoming a better night sleeper, going down at about 7:00pm and sleeping until 7:30am – but still gets up at 1:30 and 4:30 for feedings. Her napping is annoying, basically. She is up for about 1-1.5 hours, eats, then sleeps for an hour. This happens all throughout the day. I know its normal right now for her, but still getting a bit annoying sometimes when I just wanna kick back and take a 5-er she wakes up. Oh well. She’s cute enough for me to love all her quirky sleeping habits.
No comments:
Post a Comment