Thursday, September 2, 2010

11 weeks

I cannot believe it has been 11 weeks since she was born.

I am ashamed to say that I am one of those mom’s who’d much rather prefer a baby this age…
Shelby (2mo)

than this age…
Baby Shelby 9

True, they sleep A LOT more at the baby baby age.  But I like my seasoned baby.  My little baby who can smile, coo, and look at me and know its me.  I love this little girl sooo much.  Still not a fan of her lack of daytime sleeping, but, when she’s awake she’s happy and content. Guess I cannot complain.

As for my other baby, I cannot believe how much she is growing…and quickly!  Her whit is beginning to excel, which cracks us up all the time. 

A few nights back, she was goofing around when it was bedtime so Greg went in there and said, “It is time to go to bed. You are a big girl in your big bed and big girls go to bed. Now go to sleep.”  Morgan comically replied like this, “Snore…..Shhh….Snore…Shhh. (noises that is).” Hilarious!  Where do they come up with this stuff?

She’s great though. Way reliable and loving. I can leave her like this when I put Shelby to bed each night…
Morgan Snack (23mo)

and I am confident she’ll be sitting watching NEMO just like that when I get back. What a good girl.  PS: Her doll isn’t that scary in real life.

All in all we’re good.  My scar is still numb but is now only about 6 inches across.  Hey!  Big babies make big scars ya know! My baby pooch stops suddenly when it hits the scar tissue. Very weird.  Greg’s a lucky man, let me tell you…haha.

The new normal isn’t so bad after all.  Life is good:)

1 comment:

Amber Patten said...

WoW! I'm amazed you got to your new normal so fast. Way to go super mom!