This past weekend, Greg, Shelby and I flew the coop and headed to Moon Lake.
We headed out on Friday morning when Shelby woke up at 3:30am for her feeding. I gave her a boob and off we went on our 4-hour drive to our friends’ Jon and Michelle’s cabin. We were going to stay all weekend with my college buddies, Jon and Michelle…. and Mike and Marlee.
Not knowing what to expect, I was preparing for a bug-infested, sand covered, mold brewing cabin. When we arrived, we found this – wonderful little cabin that was neater than my house (yes, it is true)!This was our room. Shelby had her own little cocoon.
We had a grand time. All day Saturday and most of Sunday we played in the water with TONS of big-kid toys.
Road on the Pontoon Boat – even Shelby got to go for a ride.
Road the Jet-Ski and also tubed behind it.
Some of us felt like snorkeling…
And once we got that Jet-Boat started things really got exciting.
Nothing like toping off the day with a little bit of Gun-Fun (they were Beebe guns).
It was so nice to get away. Shelby was great – slept like a champ basically all day long. Everyone said it was that “Fresh Wisconsin Air” that did her in. She was soooo cute though – it was nice to have some one on one time with her.
To top off this trip, I’ve saved my most favorite thing for last. This may sound lame, but it is seriously AWESOME to me. Not only did I see my first bald eagle in the sky above me, I got to see his/her (whoever) NEST too!
The weekend was GREAT. We wish it would have lasted longer, but we had a fabulous time. Maybe next year we can bring Morgan – she’d love the water for sure. Thanks so much to Jon and Michelle for letting us come Up North with them! Maybe next time we can actually play Phase 10:)
1 comment:
Warning: saraH cheats at phase 10. Also, she can't handle losing at phase 10.
Play at your own risk.
Post a Comment